Malunggay for Hair Loss Prevention

March 27, 2010 by
Filed under DIY

Yes, you read that right. God’s pharmacy was established long before Minoxidil was discovered. He provided Malunggay (Moringa oleifera) not just for Tinola (a chicken soup dish) but for a multitude of uses, including medicinal purposes.  If  your dad, husband or relatives are doomed to suffer from male pattern hair loss, tell them to start planting Malunggay and do this at home to save on soaring prices for hair regrowth procedures. If you are a woman and notice that your hair is thinning, you can likewise employ this method to stimulate hair growth.

Materials:

Malunggay leaves
Water
Blender or mortar and pestle
Sifter

Procedure:

1. You can either:

• use a blender to grind  the malunggay- put about a half a cup of malunggay leaves and mix with water then extract the juice using a sifter

or

• use mortar and pestle , pound the leaves to your heart’s content, add a minimal amount water and extract the juice using a sifter

2. Massage  the the malunggay extract to the scalp, prioritizing areas that are showing signs of baldness.
3. Leave it on the scalp for 15-30 minutes
4. Rinse scalp
5. Do it daily for 2 weeks

photo source

Photobucket
Blog Widget by LinkWithinnumber of view: 64955

Comments

44 Comments on "Malunggay for Hair Loss Prevention"

1. Bonedoc on Fri, 2nd Apr 2010 10:38 am

Seriously???! It worked? Got lots of Malunggay tree in our backyard…

2. MUA In Scrubs on Sat, 3rd Apr 2010 6:21 pm

yes, doc :) .. people who have used it testified that it does work, not only in preventing hair loss but in restoring hair growth. i was looking for literatures on this but i couldn’t find a substantial one. i read somewhere that it has to do with the plant hormone zeatin which encourages growth. there are shampoo companies that have started using malunggay for hair growth :)

3. Bonedoc on Sat, 3rd Apr 2010 7:14 pm

hmmmm..i’ll recommend this to my uncles who has male patterned baldness…

Btw, We’re restarting blog rounds season two.We would be very happy if you too can join us on this blog carnival. Visit my blog for more info on this. I”ll be including you also in the email group of MD bloggers if you wish to…

4. MUA In Scrubs on Sun, 4th Apr 2010 8:24 pm

thanks, doc. i’ll go visit your blog regarding the details. haven’t been updating my medical blog, i’ll see if I can contribute something to the blog carnival. :)

5. loresen on Wed, 12th May 2010 4:55 pm

hi doc.. i just want to ask..how many months do you think it will work? what if i do it every day?what will happen?is it alright to do it everyday.? can i ask also about the side effects after hair rebonding..i got hair fall on it after months..and now my forehead is too obvious because of hair fall.. do you think it will regrow again..thank you so much.. God bless you always,,

6. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 13th May 2010 1:13 pm

hi loresen,

i’ll point you to #5 of the procedure for the frequency and length of use. there are no guidelines stating the recommended frequency but this is what most users go by. hair rebonding can be very damaging, our bathroom got almost clogged up after i had my hair rebonded through home service before. :) you can try the malunggay to stimulate hair regrowth. i’ve heard testimonials saying it was not only effective for hair loss prevention but for restoration as well.

7. aLJON on Tue, 8th Jun 2010 2:50 pm

hi!I’m a teenage guy who suffers early signs of hairloss… i will try to use malunggay for home treatment…i hope it will work…

8. ily joanne on Sat, 24th Jul 2010 11:07 am

hi doc! What’s the procedure? Should I shampoo or conditioner first before applying the malunggay sa hair or after application ako mag shashampoo/conditioner or not use shampoo/conditioner at all? I’m suffering from haor fall kasi, It’s been a month since I had my hair rebonded and I’m scared I might get bald if the hair fall doesn’t stop, so I read this article and are about to do this. please help! :(

9. MUA In Scrubs on Tue, 27th Jul 2010 11:24 pm

@ily joanne: apply the malunggay before taking a bath.. make sure to use a mild shampoo when you wash your hair. :)

10. jeff.. on Tue, 17th Aug 2010 8:53 pm

hi doc..

Doc im new hir! Hope u reply to my message..doc ask ko lang po kung ano po bang mild shampoo ang pwedeng gamitin bago mag take ng malunggay? Hope makareply poh kau salamat po..

11. ronnel on Wed, 18th Aug 2010 11:48 am

i hope it works…: )

12. ronnel on Wed, 18th Aug 2010 11:49 am

doc what are the examples of mild shampoo?

13. jeff.. on Thu, 19th Aug 2010 8:56 am

doc where i can buy malunggay shampoo?

14. MUA In Scrubs on Sat, 21st Aug 2010 10:29 am

@ronnel:your best bet would be the organic shampoos from human nature.
    @jeff: try the malunggay shampoo from milea organics (just google the name)

15. ronnel on Sun, 5th Sep 2010 4:33 pm

doc do you have some home remedies to cure dandruff???i have a lot of dandruff and i think that causes my hair fall..please reply..thank you..

16. Noel paz on Tue, 28th Sep 2010 7:57 pm

Doc, is it true according to a friend who had tried it that malunggay can also be used to blacken the hair?

17. MUA In Scrubs on Fri, 1st Oct 2010 2:46 pm

i’m not sure noel.. malunggay has a lot of wonders that are continuously discovered.. if it worked for your friend then it should be worth a try.

18. Kyla Marie Torres on Fri, 29th Oct 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Doc. i was advised by a friend that malunggay juice can be very effective in hair growth. i want to try it and see if it’ll work. i’ve tried minoxidil many times but still my hair is falling out.. am really worried… just want to ask if morning is the best time to apply/rub the malunggay juice or is it nighttime?? thanks. hope to hear from you soon……

19. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 4th Nov 2010 8:37 pm

hi kyla.. no specific time to apply it.. it depends on how long you let it stay

20. juls on Fri, 17th Jun 2011 11:20 am

effective po ang malunggay for preventing hair loss. Tyaga lang po. ginagamit ko sya ksi ng worry din ako sa dami g nalalagas na buhok ko.

21. aljon on Mon, 11th Jul 2011 1:03 pm

hi..doc..im just 20 pero nka2experince na ako ng hair loss,im goint to try the malunngay treatment and how it works after few weeks,,,i hope it really works..

22. cyril on Thu, 21st Jul 2011 5:26 pm

thanks at nakita ko ang site na ito…. nakaka experience kasi ako ng hairfall matagal na since august pa coz of hair bleaching… na stop siya nung mga march then i dye my hair again at ngayong july about two weeks now napansin ko na nag fall na naman ang buhok ko… ang nipis na nga sa nape ko. but i try doing the malunggay remedy for 2 days na… medyo komunti ung hairfall ko tyaka kahit paano nag thicken ung buhok ko… medyo ayaw ko muna kasing gumamit ng mga chemical hair regrowth product kasi baka matuluyan na itong buhok ko… pero nagkaka pimples din yung scalp ko… siguro baka may tutubo na ulit na buhok… try niyo din at least walang side effect kasi herbal siya…

23. MUA In Scrubs on Fri, 22nd Jul 2011 10:43 pm

glad to know that! :)

24. rolynmaeawa on Sat, 13th Aug 2011 5:38 pm

wow its effective

25. noriel on Thu, 18th Aug 2011 11:08 am

i’ve been using this malunggay concoction applied on my scalp for a week now.. I noticed babay hairs sprouting after a week though I still suffer from hairloss. Mine is a case of MPB i guess because of the signs like receeding hairline. But what’s good is that the hairfall was significantly minimized. What I am doing is that I pound malunggay leaves with ginger and aloe vera. then i would add some drops of shure hair grower for biotin.. But majority of my topical solutions is malunggay extract.. Doc, would it be ok if I would leave it overnight and wash it in the morning when I take a bath? thanks doc!

26. MUA In Scrubs on Mon, 22nd Aug 2011 10:09 am

i think you can. malunggay is not like eggs that are a good culture medium for bacteria.

27. Maryann on Sat, 17th Sep 2011 5:00 am

hi. my daughter was diagnosed with alopecia areata when she was 10-month old. she will be turning three this coming november, still no signs of regrowing hair. will this malunggay leaves help my daughter? thanks in advance.

28. paul on Sun, 2nd Oct 2011 2:13 am

glad that i found this site. as i read this page, i noticed that it has been created since 2010 and BANG!, it’s already 2011 now, and it has been 2 years since it was posted, but new products containing malungay extract for hairloss treatment had been out in the market just this year!(Nuvo hair, and Koi liniment(?)). i’d rather pound malungay leaves that spend “Pounds” and “Dollars” for these products.

29. MUA In Scrubs on Wed, 5th Oct 2011 3:16 pm

her condition of alopecia areata may be more difficult to deal with since it has to do with the autoimmune system. but you can give it a try!

30. sarah lanzaderas on Sat, 29th Oct 2011 11:39 am

doc,i was also suffering from baldness…i was looking for malunggay shampoo here in bohol…is it available here?where can i buy that product here in bohol..i hop mka rply po kau…tnx

31. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 3rd Nov 2011 12:34 am

sorry, i have no idea. this is a DIY recipe you can try instead.

32. uno24 on Tue, 8th Nov 2011 11:37 pm

you can buy Malunggay Shampoo at any Ricky Reyes Salon branches. it comes with separate shampoo and conditioner that cost 250php each. they are also selling GUGU Shampoo that claims that it has also hair growth activator,,i just hope it helps you guys with my info..

33. mike on Fri, 11th Nov 2011 9:52 pm

Hi doc, I just want to ask is there any natural preservative that I can put to the Malunggay (Moringa) Juice that extracted with the use of blender? I have planned to keep it for a longer time so that I can used it anytime I want. If there are no preservative to use how many days, weeks or months thus the juice extract can be used since it is raw if i keep it in a container for a longer period of time? if it is ok?…please reply from my query doc i need to know it…thanks!

34. MUA In Scrubs on Fri, 11th Nov 2011 10:06 pm

hi. i want to clarify that I did not do any scientific study regarding malunggay for hair loss prevention. I’m just sharing this tip for those who want natural remedies. I can’t provide you with exact data to your questions as I don’t know if there are studies performed to answer those questions. if you want, you can experiment and observe to find out.

35. jami on Thu, 14th Jun 2012 9:14 pm

i tried this and effective! and i noticed that my hair is shinier and softer after using. though i don’t follow the suggested length of usage because when i stopped, probably after 3-4days my hairfall would be back again. so start ulit ako… pero ok lang kasi it works naman… i will make this and store for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and hindi naman nasisira and could be used pa rin.

36. arbby on Tue, 17th Jul 2012 8:54 pm

doc im just curious kung gagana ba yung malungay makakaexpirence ba nang pagkati sa buhok????
    pinakalbo ko na po yung hair ko kasi nakakahiya na yung hairloss ko
    tska doc kakapal po ba yung area na manipis???

37. May Sison on Sat, 28th Jul 2012 9:56 am

Hi doc,
    I’m a UB student and we have a feasibility study and our topic is about malunggay.. We all know that moringa or malunggay is one of the miracle tree. There’s a lot of benefits given to us.I know that u can give us some advice if pursue our studies regarding malunggay shampoo.. Thanks and hoping po for your advice.

38. jong on Thu, 11th Oct 2012 7:33 pm

doc..bakit po laging oily ung scalp ko pag gising kong umaga di nmn ganito dati eh..saka parang numinipis na hair ko sa likod eh..tanung ko lang kung effective prin ba khit oily ung scalp ko pag umaga lage

39. romeo bunafe on Tue, 30th Oct 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Doc, I’m glad i found your recommend coz i had so many used to may hair loss.
    i hope it will effective.

Best regards,

Romeo

40. Jon on Mon, 5th Nov 2012 10:40 am

hello what are the mild shampoos that you can suggest to us? is the shampoo that is introduced in the market Lauat Herbal Treatment Shampoo ok?

41. sam on Wed, 14th Nov 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Doc, is it okay ba na instead of water, virgin coconut oil ang gamitin? salamat po :)

42. Boyong on Fri, 30th Nov 2012 10:22 am

It’s true !!! Even senator enrile is using this kind of natural treatment , and I found out that it really worked

43. JESIE SASAM on Sun, 28th Apr 2013 1:10 pm

i try for a days pa lng,,but i observe allready the effect,,babalik na pagka gwapo ko nito,,,,thnks sa malungay,,

44. Joseph PNOY on Fri, 2nd Aug 2013 10:48 am

hi doc, i am one of the many that suffers the same problems on major thining ang hair loss, due too the normal stress of life. since my college years. i have tried shampoo that could bring the life out of my dying hair like aloe vera, and many can’t afford solutions in the market. like N_V_ hair.

i hope this will solve and end my problem atlas, plus giving me extra confidence and pogi ponts chance with the ladies ^_^.

thank you very much i hope i can use this…

Copy Protected by Tech Tips's CopyProtect Wordpress Blogs.