Calamansi & Egg White Skin Routine

September 18, 2009 by
Filed under DIY

As promised on my previous post explaining how calamansi and egg white work wonders for the skin, here are the instructions on how to do it:

• Prepare 1 tsp of egg white and 1 tsp of calamansi extract
  • Wash the face with soap and water then pat dry.
  • Apply the calamansi extract and leave it on for 5 minutes
  • Rinse off and pat dry
  • Apply the egg white into the face and leave for 10-15 minutes or until it hardens
  • Rinse off with water

Do this 3x a week and notice the improvement of your skin a week after. The results may vary for each individual. If you are prone to skin reactions, use it at your your discretion.

Photobucket
Blog Widget by LinkWithinnumber of view: 30236

Comments

32 Comments on "Calamansi & Egg White Skin Routine"

1. mayeth ilao on Mon, 29th Mar 2010 9:10 pm

i just want to ask if i can apply also to my whole body?is it safe..

2. MUA In Scrubs on Wed, 31st Mar 2010 4:04 am

if you have that much calamansi and eggwhites at home, then why not? :) granted you don’t have any known skin allergies to the components of calamansi or egg whites, you’d be fine.

3. nicole on Wed, 7th Apr 2010 3:38 pm

What are the effects of this routine? :)

4. MUA In Scrubs on Wed, 7th Apr 2010 5:42 pm

it transforms you into Darna.. kidding aside, please read through again and notice in the first paragraph that I mentioned about a PREVIOUS POST explaining the effects of calamansi and egg whites on the skin. please click on that link . thanks.

5. Roselyn Monter on Thu, 22nd Apr 2010 2:05 pm

Thank you. I will try it. As soon as i get some changes in my face i will post a comment ASAP.

6. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 22nd Apr 2010 6:48 pm

ok, no problem!

7. Dhang on Thu, 13th May 2010 12:46 pm

Hello,i am currently using calamansi on my face every night but i haven’t try it with the egg white i noticed my face is getting whiter but i also noticed that i had some allergy reaction a little spot like pimple but its not pimple though. I will try it with the egg white tonight. I want to know is it maybe because i put too much and let it stand over night that is why i got the reaction?

8. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 13th May 2010 1:08 pm

Hi dhang, i experienced the same thing when i let the calamansi stay overnight, i grew a pimple (although i woke up to a whiter complexion). but of course i also blame it to my hormone cycle which was nearing acne-fest that time. :) i can’t explain the mechanism why this happens but it might have to do with the skin purifying process by the citrus. if you have skin allergies, go easy on the calamansi. don’t let it stay for too long. let me know what happens with the egg white regimen.. thanks!

9. Dhang on Thu, 13th May 2010 3:29 pm

I used the egg white and calamansi my face is dry after i’d follow ur instructions but then i put moisturizer, can i do this twice a day!? I will try To do it for a week then i will let you know how my skin change..

10. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 13th May 2010 3:31 pm

no, twice a day is already too much especially if you have dry skin.. apply it every other day.

11. Dhang on Thu, 13th May 2010 3:37 pm

Ok thanks! Do you know any home remedy for dark circles around the eye? I always have dark circles even though i have enough sleep.Thanks for quick response! N thanks for this blog it is really helpful!

12. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 13th May 2010 3:41 pm

you’re welcome.. the good old cucumber comes in handy for dark undereye circles but there are brands like garnier roll on which are said to be good.. haven’t tried it though.. i’ll post some tips for dark undereye circles some time.. :)

13. Isabel on Tue, 25th May 2010 12:18 am

Calamansi and Egg White,I apply egg white in the morning about 15 to 20minutes then rinse it with an ice cubes (you wonder ice cubes, well i heard that ice can close a pores. as far as i noticed really does :) .) About the Calamansi, i used it overnight and rinse in the morning.. its really effective guys…. My pimples are gone and no black heads :) …so cool. Im worried about my eye bags.. any idea aside using cucumber?

14. lyn on Tue, 25th May 2010 3:39 pm

Hi! i using honey & calamansi every night on my face, is it okay if I do it alternately? or I shall get rid of the Honey, which is the best.I also have darkened scars (Keliod), which I got from when I was kid, I want it at least to become lighter..any help.. thanks in advance

15. clawe colloid on Wed, 26th May 2010 5:51 pm

well, i know calamansi does work in whitening up our skin . but does it work on leg scars…..? i mean i had a lot of chilhood scars and it is my biggest issue!!!

16. espie on Fri, 18th Jun 2010 7:55 pm

hi! I’am also using egg white with calamansi in my face even in my body but i also put evaporated milk. is this right to combined the 3 said ingredients? im using this for almost 5 days and i think it’s effective to me. i have no pimples in my face right now after continous using of eggwhite, calamansi and evaporated milk.

17. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 24th Jun 2010 2:23 pm

thanks for the tip, espie.. if it works for you then it’s ok. i haven’t read any ill effects combining the 3 ingredients. :)

18. nela on Sat, 26th Jun 2010 12:05 pm

hi,im 14 years old and i tried many ways,i’ve tried honey before then i stop using it for a month and my acne back again,and im using panoxyl 10 now,and it only get worst am i stopped using panoxyl?and is it okay to try this?thank you very much.

19. nela on Sat, 26th Jun 2010 12:07 pm

and oh i have oily skin and very sensitive skin,is it okay?

20. MUA In Scrubs on Thu, 1st Jul 2010 1:24 pm

if you have a very sensitive skin, be careful with homemade remedies.. you can try it at your own risk

21. lance on Fri, 2nd Jul 2010 4:21 am

its hard to buy calamansi here in dubai…can i use lemon instead…not calamnsi is much better? please help..

22. MUA In Scrubs on Fri, 2nd Jul 2010 9:09 am

you can use lemons

23. myrna on Sun, 4th Jul 2010 4:11 pm

hi,,,how can i possibly disspear my blemishes in a short time?

24. MUA In Scrubs on Mon, 5th Jul 2010 9:54 pm

@myrna: by going to a dermatologist who can properly assess your condition and prescribe you with the right medications for your blemishes.. thanks!

25. macky on Tue, 6th Jul 2010 2:07 am

hi! im a 22 male..can i try it w/ a evaporated milk? any kind…i want to be whiter…does it really makes you white?

26. MUA In Scrubs on Wed, 7th Jul 2010 11:50 am

@macky: please check the previous comment of espie.. thanks

27. sharon on Tue, 13th Jul 2010 9:02 am

can i used it every night?

28. MUA In Scrubs on Tue, 13th Jul 2010 6:19 pm

@Sharon: there are no guidelines on how often it can be used.. It would depend on your skin’s status. Start from 2 to 3x a week and see how your skin responds.

29. kc on Thu, 22nd Jul 2010 7:39 pm

is it ok if i combine the calamansi and egg white then apply to my whole body?. thanks!

30. christine on Mon, 2nd Aug 2010 11:52 pm

hello..i have been using different and almost all products in the market, from whitening to exfoliating… but none of these works… i even tried obagi clear, but pimples appear instead… so now, i will try using egg white and calamansi, hope it will have a nice effect on me…

31. Jewls on Wed, 11th Aug 2010 12:02 pm

I know u said we could use lemon but is it as effective as calamansi?

32. MUA In Scrubs on Wed, 11th Aug 2010 1:37 pm

there’s no point in stressing yourself looking for calamansi in the vicinity when lemons are abundant in your area. sorry, but i haven’t done a comparative study to answer your question. you can try them both and see for yourself.

Copy Protected by Tech Tips's CopyProtect Wordpress Blogs.